• USD87.74
  • EUR95.76
  • OIL85.27
  • 547

“Died in the line of duty”: Village puts up memorial plaque for sergeant killed in drunken June shootout with FSB in Kherson

Читать на русском языке

Russian serviceman Sergei Obukhov, who was killed in Kherson in a drunken shootout with the FSB, will have a memorial plaque installed in his native village of Shileksha to honor his death “in the performance of his military duty.” An announcement about the plaque appeared on the official VK page of the administration of the Kineshma municipal district, in which the village is located.

“On December 9 at 11.00 in the village of Shileksha a solemn event will take place dedicated to the opening of a memorial plaque and area dedicated to Sergei Yurievich Obukhov, who died during the special operation in Ukraine. The soldier's name will be immortalized on the facade of his home school building,” the announcement reads. The soldier was also posthumously awarded with the Order of Courage.

On June 19 in Russian-occupied Kherson, a shootout between Russian soldiers and officers of the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) left three men dead and two wounded. According to a report by Russia's Investigative Committee, the shooting took place around 8 p.m. on June 19, 2022. Four servicemen of the FSB’s 9th Temporary Task Force – Igor Yakubinsky, Sergey Privalov, Dmitry Borodin, and Yevgeny Tikhonov – entered the cafe “Eda.Topi” on Ushakov Street and bumped into two contract soldiers, Sergeant Sergei Obukhov and Junior Sergeant Igor Sudin. According to the Investigative Committee's documents, Sudin and Obukhov “were loitering and drinking alcohol.”

The FSB officers reprimanded the officers for drinking while in uniform and carrying weapons. In response, Obukhov, according to the Investigative Committee, pulled out a gun and shot at the floor. FSB officer Privalov then tried to take away his gun, and army officer Sudin, “who was behind Obukhov,” opened fire on the FSB soldiers from an AK-47 automatic rifle. Privalov and Yakubinsky then returned fire.

Obukhov, Privalov and Yakubinsky, according to the documents, “died on the spot,” while Borodin and Sudin were “hospitalized with wounds of varying degrees of severity at the Russian Defense Ministry’s Federal Naval Clinical Hospital No. 1427 in Sevastopol.” Tikhonov fled the scene.

Subscribe to our weekly digest

К сожалению, браузер, которым вы пользуйтесь, устарел и не позволяет корректно отображать сайт. Пожалуйста, установите любой из современных браузеров, например:

Google Chrome Firefox Safari