Luhansk regional administration head Sergei Gaidai reported Russian troops had shelled residential areas in Lysychansk.
According to him, the shelling began around 6:30 a.m. on March 30. The head of the regional administration said that there were casualties, their number is yet to be determined. Debris removal is underway.
The day before, Russian Defense Ministry spokesmen said after the talks in Istanbul Russia had decided to drastically reduce combat operations in the Kyiv and Chernihiv directions. Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said the first phase of the «special operation» was over and Russia would now «concentrate» on Donbass.
The Pentagon, however, believes this cannot be considered a retreat of Russian troops, but rather a redeployment. According to the U.S. military, the threat to Kiev has not gone away.
Despite Russia's statements about de-escalation, there were actually air raids throughout the country last night, and shelling was reported in Donbass, Chernihiv, and the Khmelnitsky region.
So far, there is no information on what the airstrike targets were in Khmelnitsky and whether there were any casualties. «All the relevant services and agencies worked promptly and deftly. As I've said, the situation is under control,» mayor Alexander Semchyshyn wrote on his Facebook page.
Since the beginning of Russia's military invasion of Ukraine, 145 children have been killed and 222 children wounded, the office of the Prosecutor General said. 790 educational institutions were shelled and fired upon, with 75 of them completely destroyed.